It is possible to play RealMedia files on your MCE (or in Windows Media Player), it just takes a few easy steps.
- Exit the Media Center program and go to the Desktop
- Download and install Real Alternative, the codec to play RealMedia files. If you have suffered a severe head injury, you could try installing the actual RealPlayer from Real Networks instead. About Real Alternative.
- Make a quick change to your registry (save this registry file without the “.txt” extension and double click it).
- Press The Green Button.
- Look at all the pretty new thumbnails for your RealMedia files.
- Pat yourself on the back and say “thanks Pinkjoint, and thank you Shifty”.