I mentioned a beta patch before, and now it’s here!
1.11 HIGHLIGHTS – MAIN NEW IMPROVEMENTS AND FIXES
- Fixed compatibility issues with Vista x64 platform
- Voice over net and multiplayer related fixes and improvements
- Fixed Out Of Memory problems caused by exhausting 32b virtual address space
- Significant optimizations with large view distances
- AI bridge pathfinding much improved
- Fixed some bugs in the AI target recognition both visually and aurally
- Improved airplane turn dynamics simulation (including improved rudder simulation)
- Fixed clipping issues with 16:9 or TrippleHead displays
Performance was pretty good (as in, I haven’t seen it that good before) when I tried it out on Vista X64 just then – and best of all, no need to dual-boot any more just to play it!
Thanks for the beta, back in a few weeks of playtesting.
(I noticed that trying to adjust the Y axis mouse sensitivity slider didn’t really work properly, but the X was OK… just me?)